Client locations to date
Almost all successful people have had coaches or mentors, regardless of their field. I hire someone to look after my own training myself. If you are serious about getting your physique goals nailed then it’s worth considering hiring someone even if only once.
That’s not to say you can’t do this on your own, you can, and literally thousands of people have used the guides on this site to transform their physiques. However, to get the best out of yourself you need objectivity, and leaving things in the hands of an experienced professional takes the frustration and guesswork out of things, which is going to make you a lot more productive in the other areas of your life.
Coaching – Beyond Just a Diet and Training Plan
Experience & Passion
I am good at what I do because I love what I do, and though it may sound strange, I wake up each morning positively buzzed about my work. I take every client interaction as an opportunity to become better as I want to excel in this field.
I’ve personally coached hundreds of people helping them to transform their physiques. Because of this, though you may consider your personal situation a puzzle, it’s highly likely that I’ve worked with people in a similar position before and guided them through it, which means I know what to expect and what to do to give you the results that I’ll have predicted in our initial contact.
Support – Motivation - Accountability – Long-term Guidance
We’ll work together with 12 weeks, which I’ve found is a good timeframe to not only get great changes, but to set you up with everything you need so that you can continue to improve over time.
Specifically, initially I’ll set you up with: i) initial macronutrient targets for your goals, ii) example meal templates, with customisation rules to help the food fit your preferences & personalized meal timing suggestions for your schedule, iii) a training program tailored specifically towards your goals, experience, and schedule. I’ll then clarify any points and answer any questions so that you know how to progress until the first reassessment point.
The reassessment points are key in my eyes to getting good results, as any initial calculations can only ever be a ‘best educated guess’ due to the adaptive nature of the human metabolism. We’ll do so every 2 or 4 weeks (depending on which level of contact you choose). I’ll ask a few questions and take a look at the different data points in your tracking sheet and we’ll make adjustments if/when necessary to keep things on target.
Consultations take place via e-mail.
I’ve tried many different forms (Skype, phone etc.) and I’ve found that e-mail works by far the best as our mails will form a valuable reference tool for later on also.
See the Nutrition Coaching series of articles to read more about what I feel the value of an online coach is and specific example case studies and interviews.
A No Nonsense Suggestion and Prediction
(A Free Consultation)
Clearly it’s important that you feel my coaching style is a good fit for you, so we’ll have a few mails back and forth first. I’ll spend this time gathering the necessary information to make a suggestion on the path I think we should take to achieving your goals. – This will form the basis of our coach-client relationship.
I am direct by nature, honest by necessity, and conservative in my approach. In an industry riddled with exaggeration and lies, I pride myself on the accuracy of my predictions on what I think can be achieved in a 12 week time frame.
- If I don’t think that we can get it to work given your current set of circumstances, I’ll tell you.
- If I think you need to just make a simple change rather than hire me, I’ll tell you so.
- If the gap between your expectations and the reality of the results I think I can bring is too large, then I will politely decline.
If we agree on the prediction/suggestion I’ll then send over pricing and more details on those two different assessment tiers available. I want to check that we are on the same page first which is why I don’t publicly publish pricing information – some people feel that they can throw money at a problem to fix it and I don’t want to attract those types.
If this all sounds good to you then fill out the form at the bottom of the page and we’ll take it from there. But first, a few quick things I’d like you to know…
1. I want you to become independent of me. I am not aiming for repeat business, I aim for referral business. I want you to be walking around looking awesome for years so that people ask you how you did it. – I’ll give you everything that you need so that you can do that.
2. Coaching spots are limited. This is because my time is limited. I’m after serious people who are looking to put the work in to make a change.
3. I believe in the minimum effective dose. This is not only about maximum return on your time investment, but sustainability also, as it gives you scope to add things in as and when needed.
- Training requirements are kept to a minimum, typically 3×1 hours a week.
- Barbell training is preferable to home workouts, but this doesn’t rule them out.
- Cardio is very rarely used.
4. I am not a rehabilitation specialist. I can’t give advice on rehabbing injuries or training around injuries. Get healthy first please. (reasons)
5. I use a diet method based on the principles taught by Martin Berkhan because I believe his ideas are among the most scientifically sound and effective in the industry and I want to support Martin in promoting his work, particularly in Japan. However, if you want a Leangains consultation there is only one place you can get that and that’s from Martin himself.
＊Good sleep/ low stress. If currently stress in your life is high and sleep quality poor then work on those things first before looking to continue with this as that is likely the answer to your troubles. (reasons)
＊I need you to be able to cook your meals most of the time. (reasons/further details)
＊E-mail etiquette: Smartphone communication is declined. The consultation process is very detailed. Typing e-mail on our phones leads to ill-thought-out, badly formatted messages, chat-like back and forth, and skim-reading. This increases the likelihood that you or I will miss some important information when looking back through things which will hinder the decision-making process. This threatens getting a good result. I value my reputation more than some extra cash.
＊I can not take on anyone under the age of 20 - adult age in Japan.
＊I no longer work with vegetarians. It doesn’t jive well with my simplified counting framework.
Do you do separate diet & training plans?
Both diet and training need to be in synergy to get results. I don’t believe you can effectively break them into their separate parts.
Is there anything that I need to buy?
I’m not here to sell you any products, however a tape measure is a must. I recommend this one as it makes self-measuring easier and more consistent.
A little electronic kitchen scale is a very good idea to check the weight of food (meat and carbs mainly).
You may need a new wardrobe.
Still interested? Let’s do this
There is an approximate 5 day waiting list – it’s the only way I can keep standards high for existing clients.
I’ll send a confirmation mail within 48 hours. Please check your junk/spam folder because I hear they often get lost there.
If you have any trouble, contact me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!